Health & Wellness:
"The More We Know, The More We Grow:
Mind, Body, & Soul!"
Greetings CDI District, other churches, and beyond,
Thank you for your continued love, prayers, and support! My husband Pastor Bryant Lamar Walker’s transition from earth to Heaven has been painful and life changing for me. God is truly working on me, and with me. The Good News is God is with me! Please continue to pray for our family!!!
I’m still encouraging everyone to have the uncomfortable conversations with your loved ones regarding life after one of you passes.
Stay encouraged and remain prayerful, vigilant, safe, loving, kind, and connected! GOD is still in CHARGE and in CONTROL!!!
Drink plenty of water, eat vegetables, fruits, and healthy foods. Boost your immune system!!! Take some time to breathe in and breathe out!!! Get plenty of rest!!!
For the month of April we are focusing on Defeating Diabetes!
Please read and share the attached information with others, your churches, etc.!
Print and keep in a 3-Ring Binder and use as a resource.
This information is for “awareness” purposes only.
We want to reach as many people as possible to spread health and wellness!!!
Stay encouraged, empowered, and inspired!
We want to encourage all to participate in Phillips Temple C.M.E. Church, Commission on Membership and Evangelism sponsored, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting (March 13 – April 2).
It’s not too late to begin. Just add days on the backend. I didn’t begin until March 18th. So I’ll be continuing until April 7th. For more information regarding the 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting, please email Min. Evelyn Finnell at email@example.com.
Run for Your LIFE: Living in Faith & Expectation News:
We will be piloting our 30 minute walks again on Tuesday’s beginning April 6, 2021 at 6:00pm.
We will be wearing masks and social distanced (families from same household can walk together):
• Meet - we will meet in front of the church (facing 34th Street) to stretch our legs
• Route - we will walk from 34th & Washington Blvd. to 38th Street, to Washington Blvd (West side of the street), to Shortridge’s track (do 2 laps), then back to the church
• Groups - fast walkers will start first, others will follow
• Needs - we are asking men to join us so we can have protection at the beginning, middle, and end of our route
• Wear - please wear your reflector vests
• Action - we will be passing out masks to coaches and anyone on the Shortridge track
If it is raining, we will NOT meet.
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2
We love you and appreciate you!